To be eligible for an education loan:
- You must be an Indian national
- You must be in the 16-26 age group, or any other range specified by the bank
- A good academic record (first class throughout, with no gaps or breaks in education, etc)
- Your parents/ guardian should have a regular source of income so that they are able to repay the loan if the need arises
- The institute you have applied for must be a recognised one
- Minors are ineligible for educational loans, as banks assess the individual’s repaying capacity while disbursing the loan. But you can avail of the loan if your parents/ guardians satisfy the eligibility criteria.